Friday, March 26, 2010

The Lost is FOUND!!!!

So, I know to some people this may sound bad, but I lost my scriptures sometime last summer. While I was trying to clean stuff up and get things put in storage so we could list our house, I kinda went packing crazy. I started packing anything I could to get it out of the house so it would be easier when we did eventually move. I packed up decorations for holidays, unwanted movies, lamps we never use, coffee table we never use and all our books in the office as to try and make the room and the rest of the house more open. Well, I guess in so doing that, I decided I needed to pack ALL the books into one huge and really heavy, I tell you, rubbermaid container and take it to storage. After we did this, I realized my scriptures were missing. I never quite put 2 and 2 together and said hey maybe I put them in that container I took to the storage unit. Ever since then I have been on a hunt to find them. When we moved and took everything out our house and into the new home, I never found them. I had decided I lost them forever. I kept looking as we unpacked boxes at our new house, but never saw them. So we still have some stuff in the garage and the other night I walk by the huge are really heavy aforementioned container, and think, "Hey scriptures are a book, maybe I put them in there with the other books." Then I started digging, and after a few minutes when I had finally reached the bottom of the container, I FOUND THEM!!!! Oh, happy day!! I was so excited, I read them out loud to Jon for a while then proceeded to read some more by myself. I had forgotten what peace reading them gives me. They are now safely beside my bed for me to read every night. I couldn't be happier. I guess the lesson of the story is don't give up, just keep looking and you will find what you need! So there you have it, my great story for the week!!

1 comment:

  1. woohoo!! Glad you found them! Scriptures are expensive!! not only that, but im sure you have special and important things marked in your own!! just like Dora said, but a little different..."just keep digging, just keep digging..just keep digging digging digging...what do we do, we dig!!"

    ReplyDelete