Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fun Adventures and 18 Months of Waiting!

Sorry I have been such a blog slacker lately. Life has just been really crazy, but crazy in a good way. First off, Jon and I went down to southern California for my BFF Ashley's little sister's wedding. Brittany and Josh were so happy and we were glad to share part of their special day with them. They got sealed in the Los Angeles Temple and it was a beautiful day, with perfect weather. Poor Brittany got a little sunburned taking pictures for so long! :( I loved seeing Ashley's family, even her little brother who is a teenager and doesn't like being around people, especially girls, was happy to see me and gave me a hug. I have never lived in Cali, nor do I plan to ever live there, but when I go to see Ash and her family, it feels like I am home. They just know me so well and we always just pick up right where we left off. I guess knowing somebody for 16 years of your life can do that for you!
Also, while we were there, we took advantage and went to Disneyland!! It was my first visit there. While I have been to Disneyworld in Florida, this was a totally new experience. I had so much fun and I definitely want to go back again soon! While we were there, we met up with my old roomie from my BYU-Idaho days, Erin!! It was so fun to see her and catch up. She has a little girl now, named Eva and she is stinking adorable! It was awesome to see her, she is so much fun to be around and has such a happy, bubbly personality, you just can't help but smile and be happy when you are around her. It was a blast, I can't wait to go back so we can see her again too!! Oh and sorry for no pics, we forgot our camera!
Onto 18 months of waiting. My best friend from Weber finally came home from her mission last Friday. She she is so amazing, she has been such a good support for me, always encouraging me and helping me out, even from far away! Her name is Shamayne and she was serving in Brazil. Last night she called me and we finally talked for a bit. It was so good to hear her voice and catch up a bit. Then, after I get off work today, we are going to hang out. I will have pictures to post later for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment